If you’re anything like us, then enjoying cannabis edibles like some weed gummies is a great treat when you want a sugar hit. Of course you can always go out and buy some, but where’s the fun in that? Instead, why not take a little stab at making your own weed gummies for a change?
While it may seem overwhelming at first, have no worries as we’ve broken this recipe down to make it baby proof. However, a little bit of know how around the kitchen does help.
So, join us on a trip to the kitchen and possibly much further, as we explore the magical world of weed gummies!
First things First, We Need the Weed!
To make our cannabis infused gummies, we’ll need to prepare our cannabis for use in an edible. If you already have a tincture made, or distillate, you can skip this step. However if you want to make them a bit more personal and control every step, then listen up and follow along.
To begin, we must first decarboxylate our cannabis. This step involves applying heat to the plant material, converting THCA, which is non psychedelic, into THC. Without this step the edibles will have little to no effects.
We’ll now go over how to decarb cannabis, and in turn create a THC tincture!
Cannabis Tincture Recipe
A cannabis tincture is quite easy to make, but it does require a bit of time and effort. Most tinctures will use a 1 Gram of flower to a half ounce of high proof alcohol ratio for the optimal effects.
You don’t need as much tincture as this recipe produces, but it’s always great to have more as it has an extremely long shelf life.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 4.5 Hours | Complete Recipe Time 4.75 Hours
- 14 Grams of Dried and Ground Flower
- 7 Ounces of High Proof Alcohol
- Baking Sheet
- Cheese Cloth
- Mason Jar
- Dark Tint Glass Bottles
- First off you’ll need to preheat your oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit. Take your cannabis and make sure it’s ground up. It doesn’t need to be powdery, but keeping it in the form of a bud will render the process useless.
- Spread the cannabis onto the baking sheet evenly and let it bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the high proof alcohol to your mason jars and wait for the cannabis to decarboxylate.
- Once the 30 minutes has passed, take your freshly decarbed cannabis and it to the alcohol filled mason jars.
- Shake the jar for about a minute. After it’s been nice and shaken up, leave it in a cool, dark area for 4 hours. The longer the better, but 4 hours is solid amount of time
- Once the time has elapsed, use the cheesecloth to strain out the flower in the jars. What you have left is a tasty THC Tincture!
Now that we have a THC tincture, we can start making those delicious weed gummies we’ve been salivating over.
Time to Make Weed Gummies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 1.5 Hours | Complete Recipe Time 1.75 Hours
- 1 box of Jell-O. Pick your favourite flavour or flavours. Get Creative!
- 2 ¼ ounce packs of Knox unflavoured Gelatin
- ⅓ cup of water
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of citric acid
- Cooking Spray
- 3 silicone candy molds
- Microwaveable bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Air proof container
Now that we have all of our ingredients together, it’s time to work that magic in the kitchen. If this is your first time making candy or weed gummies of any sort, don’t worry and just have fun! Don’t stress out and enjoy the process, namaste.
- In your microwaveable bowl, mix the Jell-O, gelatin and citric acid. Stir gently until all the ingredients have mixed
- Once the ingredients have been mixed properly, add the water and corn syrup. Once again mixing very gently. Over mixing can ruin your gummies and that’s no bueno!
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add your bowl of mix to the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and once again stir gently. You’ll want to repeat this process until the solids have dissolved. If you start to see bubbles it’s time to stop the microwaving and lightly stir it again.
- Now it’s time to add the good stuff, our little THC tincture that we just made. 3 teaspoons is a great starting point for a medium strength edible. Feel free to add more once you’ve got a hang of what the dosage feels like. Once the tincture has been added, let the bowl sit for 10 minutes.
- Get your molds ready for the mixture by spraying them down with cooking spray. Not doing so will leave them stuck to the mould. Last time I checked, that’s not what we want at all!
- Start adding the mixture to the moulds. Using a measuring cup and slowly adding the mix will produce the best results
- We’re almost there, but you’ll need to let the mix sit in a room temperature setting for 30 minutes, followed by 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Congratulations, the weed gummies are done! Leaving them in room temperature for a couple days will make their consistency firmer. If you want soft jellies then don’t worry about this step.
- If you’re happy with the consistency, store them in your air proof container. Storing them in the fridge will keep them the freshest.
When it comes to dosing, we always suggest to start slow and work your way up. The onset effects of cannabis edibles can be delayed up to a couple hours. Also, since our weed gummies can be a little inconsistent due to the uneven spread of THC, starting slow can protect you from having an unwanted experience.
When it comes to dosing, we always suggest to start slow and work your way up. The onset effects of cannabis edibles can be delayed up to a couple hours. As well, since our weed gummies can be a little inconsistent due to the uneven spread of THC may have spread out. If you followed the recipe to a ‘t’, then there shouldn’t be any issues!
Have Fun and Medicate!
Cannabis edibles have come a long way from those distinct tasting brownies with weed leaves everywhere in them. Weed gummies are extremely tasty, and after the first go round easy to make. For those who require a larger amount for pain reduction they suit as a very favorable option.
Have fun with the recipe, you can always create different shapes and sizes of weed gummies. As well the tincture can be used to make any edible of your choice in case you want to give a go at another type of edible. Either way you can’t go wrong!
We hope you enjoyed making the cannabis infused candies, almost as much as you’ll enjoy eating them.